New 700R4 - 700 - 7R4 - 4L60 - 4L60E - 4L65E - 4L70E Sonnax Super Firm Enhanced Performance Accumulator Spring.
This Is A New Sonnax Super Firm Accumulator Spring.
Please Note: Sometimes These Springs Do Not Come Completely Painted And The Ends Will Have Machining Marks On Them From The Manufacturing Process. Also They Will Have A Protective Coating On Them To Prevent Corrosion But These Are 100% New Springs.
Give Your Transmission The Super Firm Shift You Are Looking For.
This Spring Will Fit These Automatic Transmissions;
GMC CHEVY CADILLAC OLDSMOBILE PONTIAC
- 700R4 (4L60) 1982 THRU 1993 Can be used only in:1-2 Accumulator / 3-4 Accumulator / Forward (Aux.Valve Body) Accumulator
- 4L60E 1993 Only! Can be used only in: 1-2 Accumulator / 3-4 Accumulator
- 4L60E 1994-ON Can be used only in: 1-2 Accumulator (See Notes)* / 3-4 Accumulator
- 4L65E / 4L70E Can be used only in: 1-2 Accumulator (See Notes)* / 3-4 Accumulator
- PLEASE NOTE: ONLY THE SPRING COMES WITH THIS LISTING!!!!!!!!
- PICTURE IS FOR EXAMPLE ONLY!!!
- *Note: For 1994 & newer 4L60-E applications only:Installing this spring toward the separator plate in the 1-2 location, as shown above, will result in a extra firm shift. This spring should not be installed below the piston, as it will result in an overly soft shift.
The Sonnax Performance accumulator spring provides firmer shifts for the enthusiast who appreciates quick, positive shift feel. The spring design provides performance shift feel but does not reduce accumulator piston travel. This allows for a firmer but still cushioned shift that minimizes shock to the band and shafts. Sonnax now offers an enhanced performance spring for use in the accumulators of the 700, 4L60 & E transmission. The Sonnax spring may be used to replace the stock spring to achieve a firmer shift and prevent the “thunk” sound during 1-2 shift. The Sonnax spring achieves the same effect as the common shop practice of replacing the stock 1-2 accumulator spring with the THM 350 direct accumulator piston spring. Sonnax spring may also be used as a replacement for the THM-350 direct accumulator piston spring.
1. Remove the accumulator piston spring and replace with Sonnax spring.