New Sonnax 76554RK AOD FIOD AODE 4R70W 4R70E 4R75W 7R75E Intermediate Clutch Spiral Retaining Ring Kit 1980-on.
This Is A New Sonnax 76556RK Intermediate Clutch Spiral Retaining Ring Kit For These Automatic Transmissions;
FORD LINCOLN MERCURY
- AOD 1980-ON
- FIOD 1980-ON
- AODE 1993 THRU 1995
- 4R70W 1995-ON
This Listing Is For (1) One New Sonnax 76556RK Intermediate Clutch Spiral Retaining Ring Kit And Comes With;
- NEW SONNAX 76554RK
- 3 Retaining Rings
- 3 Locking Rings
Sonnax Part Summary
Vehicles with an AOD & E, 4R70W transmission often experience problems because the intermediate roller clutch snap ring can blow off during high RPM conditions. The improved Sonnax part is a spiral snap ring that is staked to keep the retaining ring in contact with the groove area during
high RPM conditions.
Features and Benefits
• Wrap-around design maintains contact with the groove bottom.
• Locking ring prevents ring expansion during high RPM.
• Works in both roller clutch and mechanical diode applications
I n s t r u c t i o n
D a t a
AOD & E, 4R70W
Part Number 76554RK
Intermediate Clutch Spiral Retaining Ring
1. Remove and discard the OEM snap ring from the intermediate
roller clutch or mechanical diode assembly.
2. Install the locking ring, cup side facing up, as shown.
3. Walk the spiral ring into the retaining groove as pictured. The locking
ring may need to be moved for correct spiral ring positioning.
4. Make sure the spiral ring is fully seated in the groove all the way
around the assembly.
5. Stake the locking ring in six equally spaced places around the
DRUM AND SPRAG NOT INCLUDED!!!!!!!!!!!