New E4OD E4 4R100 4R1 Never Opened Sonnax Part # 36744-01 Overdrive Sure Lock Spiral Snap Ring.
This Is A New Never Opened Sonnax Part Number 36744-01 Overdrive Spiral Snap Ring.
This Will Work On E4OD And 4R100 Transmissions For All Years.
Overdrive piston retaining ring pops out of groove
SECONDARY COMPLAINTS • E4OD, overdrive is lost • 4R100, catastrophic failure.
The open-end style retaining rings do not have a locking mechanism, and are susceptible to being pulled out of groove by piston spring forces.
The Sonnax Sure Lock™ retaining ring is mechanically locked in place and cannot come out.
SONNAX PART SUMMARY
First and second design Ford retaining rings are known to pop out of the retaining ring groove, causing initial failure or costly comebacks. The Sonnax retaining ring mechanically locks itself into place.
Features & Benefits
• Design ensures that tabs are mechanically locked in place.
• Retaining ring will not expand: It will stay in place.
By preventing catastrophic failure after rebuild that could cost you thousands in comeback repairs
1. Using a spring compressor, compress the overdrive return spring.
2. Remove and discard the OEM return spring retaining ring.
3. Install one end of the Sonnax Sure Lock™ ring into the retaining ring groove. It is NOT recommended to use a screwdriver to install,
force or pry the spiral snap ring into place.
4. With the ring end fully installed in the groove, work the ring into the groove one wrap at a time (see Figure 1).
5. After the ring is fully installed, make sure that the locking tabs are engaged with the cut-outs in the retaining ring as shown. It may
be necessary to bend the locking tabs up to get a secure lock (see Figure 2). Do not bend the cut-out ends.
Be sure that snap ring is installed correctly.
Failure to install correctly may result in unit failure.
PLEASE NOTE: TRANSMISSION REMOVAL, DIS-ASSEMBLY AND RE-ASSEMBLY 100% REQUIRED TO INSTALL THIS ITEM.