GM 4L80E 4L85E Early Type New As-Cast Aluminum Deep Transmission Pan.
Volume: 3.75 qts. over stock
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions.
Number of Bolts: 17
This pan fits GM and Chevrolet 1996 and older trucks with the 4L80E and 4L85E transmission. This pan can be used on 1997 and newer vehicles IF there is enough clearance between frame cross member and stock pan. Most 1997 and newer vehicles do not have enough clearance and need the LATE MODEL pan. PML also makes a LOW PROFILE PAN for GM cars with these transmissions.
Some examples of vehicles that this pan will fit are:
- C2500 1990-1996 with 454, 6.2 & 6.5 diesel engines
- K2500 1990-1996 with 454, 6.2 & 6.5 diesel engines
- C3500 1990-1996 with 454, 6.2 & 6.5 diesel engines
- K3500 1990-1996 with 454, 6.2 & 6.5 diesel engines
- Suburban 1992-1996 with 5.7, 454, 6.2 & 6.5 diesel engines
- WILL NOT FIT JAGUAR!!!!!!!!!!
The pan has a boss that can be machined for a temperature sensor (at additional charge).
To see an image comparing PML 4L80E, 4L85E Deep Early Model and 4L80E, 4L85E Low Profile pans click here.
This pan is designed for these early model 4L80E transmissions (about 1990 to 1996). The Late Deep pan for the later model vehicles provides clearance for the exhaust but will not clear the transmission internals on the early models.
Transmission Pan Features
- Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to the transmission case
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal
- Boss cast into pan can be machined for a temperature sensor
- Magnetic drain plug for easier, less messy maintenance
- Mounting hardware provided
Gasket and filter not included (use stock parts).
We do sell the service kit and can add to the order at additional cost.
DUE TO THE HIGH DEMAND OF THESE PANS THERE MAY BE A ONE TO THREE WEEK BACK ORDER, SO PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL PRIOR TO YOUR PURCHASE TO CHECK STOCK. THANK YOU!!!
100% MADE IN THE USA
PLEASE MAKE SURE OF YOUR TRANSMISSION PRIOR TO ORDERING YOUR
CT POWERTRAIN PRODUCTS PART NUMBER: 34-4L8-840-DEEP