New AS5-05K Sonnax TV Cable Corrector For GM TH200 - TH200C - 200-4R - 700R4 - 4L60 - 700 And Ford AOD Automatic Transmission That Use A Kickdown / Detent Cable.
Fits Edelbrock And Carter Carburetors Only.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS AS5-05K SUPERSEDES AS3-03K BY SONNAX.
This Listing Is For (1) One Sonnax AS5-05K Kit Only!
May Come In Sonnax Clear Plastic Bag.
This Kit Will Work With Carburetors Listed Only And With These Auto Transmissions:
- GENERAL MOTORS
- TH200 - 200 - THM200
- TH200C - 200C - THM200C
- 2004R - 200-4R - 200R4 - 200-R4
- 700 - 7R4
- WILL NOT WORK FOR 4L60E
- FORD MOTOR COMPANY
TV Cable Corrector Kit for Edlebrock/Carter Carburetors
Installation of Sonnax TV cable corrector kit AS5-05K corrects the pivot location for the TV cable when installing a TV cable on Edlebrock/Carter carburetors. A properly functioning TV system is critical for the transmission line rise and shift timing. Incorrect TV cable travel
results in improper setting of TV cable adjustments, leading to incorrect pressures and shift timing. When modifying a vehicle other factors will also effect TV cable geometry, such as carburetor spacers, intake manifold type and TV cable bracket location. GM 200C and 200-4R have a different amount of cable travel than the GM 4L60 and Ford AOD transmissions. The AS5-05K kit is easily adapted to work with all these applications
and eliminates the need for other high-cost adapter systems.
Features & Benefits
• Corrects pivot location for TV cable
• Eliminates the need for other high-cost adapter systems
GM 4L60 & Ford AOD Installation Instructions (For
Carburetors with Clip-On Style Throttle Cable End)
1. Install the Sonnax TV corrector plate onto the carburetor throttle arm. Align the TV and throttle stud holes of the TV corrector
plate with the TV and throttle holes on the carburetor’s throttle arm. Make sure the new TV stud faces away from the carburetor.
2. Install the throttle cable stud using one of the washers as a shim between the TV corrector plate and the throttle arm. Attach using the
other flat washer, lock washer and plain nut. Do not tighten the stud yet.
3. Install the Sonnax bolt and nut through the lower hole of the TV corrector plate and the throttle arm and tighten. Two bolts are provided. Use the bolt that fits the throttle arm hole. Tighten lower bolt and throttle stud.
4. Attach both the TV cable and throttle cable. Adjust using OE cable adjustment procedures if possible, otherwise ensure that the cable is pulled all the way out (maximum TV) at wide-open throttle.
5. Checks and Verification: With the throttle in the idle position, mark the cable where it enters the cable housing. Rotate throttle arm and hold in the wide-open throttle position with the cable pulled out of the cable housing. Measure distance between mark on cable and cable housing. Distance should be 1.48" (1-31/64") for the GM 4L60 and Ford AOD.
GM 200C & 200-4R Installation Instructions
1. Using a suitable file or grinding tool, elongate the upper hole on the Sonnax TV corrector plate to the indicated mark shown.
2. Install the Sonnax TV corrector plate onto the carburetor throttle arm. Align the TV and throttle stud holes of the TV corrector plate with the TV and throttle holes on the carburetor’s throttle arm. Make sure the new TV stud faces away from the carburetor.
3. Install the throttle cable stud using one of the washers as a shim between the TV corrector plate and the throttle arm. Attac