GM 6L80, 6L80E New As-Cast Aluminum Deep Transmission Pan.
Volume: 2 quarts over stock
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions in a new tab or window. The 6L90 pan is similar in shape but is longer at 18 1/2 inches.
Number of Bolts: 18 (there are 20 holes in the pan, 2 holes hold the gasket and 18 holes hold the pan to the transmission case)
Description and Applications
This extra capacity heavy duty transmission oil pan fits the GM 6 speed hydramatic 6L80, 6L80E transmissions. PML designed this pan for 2006 and newer Chevrolet and GM trucks and SUVs, such as Silverado, Sierra, and Avalanche.
This pan features:
- Extra capacity
- Fins and aluminum construction to dissipate heat from transmission fluid
- Drain plug for easier maintenance
- Thick walls to add strength to the transmission housing
- Thick gasket flange, machined flat, for a leak-free seal
This pan fits the GM 6L80, 6L80E transmission, typically found on these vehicles:
- Avalanche 1500, 2009 and newer
- Escalade, 2007 and newer, V8 6.2L
- Hummer H2, 2008 to 2009, V8 6.2L
- Sierra 1500, 2009 and newer, V8 5.3L or V8 6.0L
- Sierra Denali, 2007 and newer, V8 6.2L
- Silverado 1500, 2009 and newer, V8 5.3L or V8 6.0L
- Suburban 1500, 2009 and newer V8 5.3L or V8 6.0L (includes HD)
- Tahoe, 2009 and newer, V8 5.3L or V8 6.0L
- Yukon, 2009 and newer, V8 5.3L
- Yukon Denali, 2007 and newer, V8 6.2L
- Yukon XL 1500, 2009 and newer V8 5.3L or V8 6.0L
Trucks and SUVs have a variety of configurations. Look at yours before you order to verify your transmission and clearance. If you have skid plates or require a lower profile pan, check Stock capacity pan for the 6L80, 6L80E.
Camaro, Corvette, G8 and some Cadillac also have the 6L80, 6L80E transmission. Please see the low profile pan as cars generally do not have the clearance for a larger, deep pan.
In many cases, you will need to drop the exhaust to install this pan. You would need to drop the exhaust to service the transmission with the stock pan as three bolts are not otherwise accessible. See installation images below that show the routing of the exhaust.
This pan can be modified for pan filling. Please call or email if you want this deep pan and need to fill through the pan.
Filter and Gasket Information
This image shows the inside of the PML pan.
PML transmission pans work with stock filters, easily available from us CT Powertrain Products.
Because the pan is deeper than stock, the pan has filter supports cast in. A deeper filter or extension is not needed since the transmission fluid is at the same level with a PML pan as with the stock pan.
We offer the Filter and Gaske