GM 6L80, 6L80E New As-Cast Aluminum Low-Profile Transmission Pan.
Volume: stock capacity compared to 3.3" deep stock pan
Dimensions: are in this pdf file. The 6L90 transmission pan is similar in shape but is longer at 18 1/2 inches. This pan is about 5/8" deeper than the 3.3" stock pan.
Number of Bolts: 18 (there are 20 holes, 2 holes locate the gasket and 18 holes for bolts to hold the pan to the transmission case)
Description and Applications
This heavy duty transmission oil pan fits the GM 6L80, 6L80E transmissions. PML designed this pan for 2006 and newer Cadillac, Camaro, Corvette, and Chevrolet and GM trucks and SUVs. There is a fill hole and plug for vehicles with the fill in the pan, such as some Camaros.
This pan features:
- Fins and aluminum construction to dissipate heat from transmission fluid
- Drain plug for easier maintenance
- ½ NPT hole and plug for pan-fill
- Thick walls to add strength to the transmission housing
- Thick gasket flange, machined flat, for a leak-free seal
- Low profile for clearance
This pan will fit the GM 6L80, 6L80E transmission. This pan is designed for GM/Chevy cars, such as:
- Cadillac STS 2008-2009, V6 3.6L or V8 4.4L or V8 4.6L
- Cadillac XLR 2008-2009, V8 4.4L or V8 4.6L
- Cadillac CTS 2006-2008, V8 6.0L
- Camaro, 2010 and newer, V8 6.2L
- Corvette 2006 and newer
- Pontiac G8 (check stock pan, see note in filter information below)
- Trucks and SUVs needing a lower profile (such as those with skid plates)
Note: Vehicles have a variety of configurations. Look at yours before you order to verify your transmission and clearance.
In many cases, you will need to drop the exhaust to install this pan. You would need to drop the exhaust to service the transmission with the stock pan as three bolts are not otherwise accessible.
Filter and Gasket Information
About the Similar GM 6L50 Transmission
The transmission pan for the GM 6L50 transmission found on models of Cadillac, Camaro and Caprice, has 17 bolts and is smaller than the 6L80 or 6L90 pans (17 x 11 x 3 inches). Click for a picture of a stock 6L50 pan. PML has not yet received any requests for a transmission pan for the 6L50. We have heard that the 6L45 is similar to the 6L50.
PML Transmission Pan Features:
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to the transmission case
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal
- Boss cast into pan can be machined for a temperature sensor
- Magnetic drain plug for easier, less messy maintenance
- Mounting hardware provided
Gasket and filter not included (use stock parts).
We sell the professional grade Pan Gasket and Filter:
OEM SPEC. PAN GASKET $20.00 ONLY IF ADDED TO PAN PURCHASE
OEM SPEC. FILTER $20.00 ONLY IF ADDED TO PAN PURCHASE
DUE TO THE HIGH DEMAND OF THESE PANS THERE MAY BE A ONE TO THREE WEEK BACK ORDER, SO PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL PRIOR TO YOUR PURCHASE TO CHECK STOCK. THANK YOU!!!
100% MADE IN THE USA
PLEASE MAKE SURE OF YOUR TRANSMISSION PRIOR TO ORDERING YOUR ITEM.